From the July 13, 2009, issue of the Career Management Alliance E-Bridge comes this report by ExecuNet that “more recruiters expect to ‘trade up’ for talent.” The details …
Executive recruiters are increasingly confident that client-hiring organizations are leveraging the economic downturn by “trading up” with new hires for key executive-level roles. ExecuNet research reveals that 46.1 percent of executive recruiters who responded to a recent poll believe their clients are improving leadership bench strength by hiring business leaders they believe can outperform incumbents in a variety of management functions. Only 12.4 percent of responding search consultants see companies eliminating executive management positions, down from a high of 20.2 percent earlier this year.
How Executive Search Consultants See Employers Leveraging the Current Economy:
* Adding new executive-level jobs: 2.8%
* “Trading Up” with new hires for existing roles: 46.1%
* Freezing executive-level hiring: 15.9%
* Not filling open executive positions: 22.8%
* Eliminating executive positions: 12.4%
There will always be demand for proven leadership and a track record of results at the executive level… tell your story with veracity and enthusiasm, have the tools in place to elevate your candidacy, back it up with verifiable evidence, and network with perseverance and passion to get those doors open!
– Jan Melnik, MRW, CCM, CPRW, President, Absolute Advantage
– Facebook/LinkedIn/Twitter: JanMelnik